So I want to start off my saying that I have been grateful enough to have been born with skin that is NOT acne prone, but I do have very sensitive skin. So these are just some things I do/use to help maintain the skin I already have since I don’t have acne scars or anything like that I can’t give much advice because I don’t have much experience in the field of pimples 🙁
1. DO NOT SLEEP IN YOUR MAKEUP! You just wake up cakey and greasy and it’s better for you skin if you sleep with a clean face. If you’re morning shower-er (unlike me I shower at nights) then I highly suggest face wipes to remove your makeup! And if you are a night shower-er even better bc you can shower and then use the facewipes to just over cleanse your face of excess dirt and skin that may have not washed out in the shower 🙂
I personally use Burts Bees because it’s more gentle on my skin. I always used BB but just recently I decided to try out these pomegranate face towelettes from Neutrogena and even though it said alcohol free it still burned my skin for some reason. Even the next morning when I’d put on my concealer it burned.. since Neutrogena was melting my face off I went back to Burts which is so much nicer and for basically the same price. And it smells herbally and nice :3
2. TREAT YOUR SKIN!! I have many different types of face masks, one of my first reviews on here was on my cucumber peel-off face mask it is is still one of my favorites. It’s always nice to give your face some time to absorb some of those vitamins and clean out your pours. Here’s just one of my more recent buys that I’m currently using.
They’re super easy to use and you can just feel the difference! Before or after you shower (I like to do it before) make sure you have a clean face and apply all over and wait until it dries. Afterwards just rinse it off with warm water or hop in the shower and your skin just feels cleaner and fruitier 🙂
3. PREVENTATIVE TREATMENT! Even though I’m 19 I can never be too careful. I went to Massage Envy to get a facial and when the lady showed how much sun damage I had in my face she talked me into buying this moisturizer to help prevent and correct some damage (I have the moisturizer below :>) Also it helps tighten my skin as I age and helps with my wrinkles D: The only thing holding us together right now is being young! We won’t always be this way so we may as well take care of our skin now so we won’t be old looking turtles in the future.
Murad can be on the pricey side, but I always feel like you get what you pay for. And this IS a daily moisturizer that won’t dry out your skin or anything like that.
4. SPF based foundations, BB Creams and CC creams. I know I’ve said this many times, but I do not like foundations. If I’m wearing anything on my face it’s Benefit’s tinted moisturizer with SPF 15 or BB/CC creams to help treat my skin as I wear it as opposed to thicker full coverage foundations. They’re good for a night out but for daily use I highly suggest tinted moisturizers, BB/CC creams!
5. EAT RIGHT AND BE GOOD TO YOUR BODY 🙁 I’m the last person to lecture on eating healthy so I’ll spare you that much. But I’ve heard it’s very important haha. Be good to your body, aka no smoking and all that stuff 🙁 It damages your body and skin more than you think.
And that’s that! Everything mentioned above Can be bought at your local Ulta :>