I tried really hard and looked through my photos to find a photo that I felt captured my life up until now, and I failed lol. I turned 21 in May, and I’m super excited about it, but when I think about it another year to my life is adding more responsibilities and crap I don’t really want (乂･д･) Yet so many amazing things has happened to me and I’ve learned so much in the past year alone. SO in honor of personal growth and turing 21, I’m going to write 21 things I’ve learned throughout my life ◠ ◡ ◠
1. It’s easier to accept people and enjoy their company instead of hating everyone and everything.
2. No matter how they’re made, onions will always be disgusting.
3. If you have someone who makes you happy, do everything in your power to keep them.
4. Wear what you want.
5. Exercise really does make you feel better mentally and physically.
6. There’s no getting around it, math sucks.
7. When I was in elementary school and throughout middle school and highschool I was super into jpop, kpop, anime and reading manga and literally no one was into it and people thought I was weird. But now it’s such a big thing and everyones like “omg bleach.” My point, be yourself because other people will make fun of you and then probably like what they were making fun of you for later in life. (not really maybe story is somewhat unrelated but I ranted BUT BE YOURSELF IS MY POINT??)
8. Open your mind to different cultures, ideas, people and music. It’s good to be well rounded. (you don’t want to be that person who only fits in with one type of scene if ya know what I mean.)
9. It’s not worth being annoyed by everything.
10. People will always do what they want, with or without you in mind. So don’t always take things personally.
11. Disneyland isn’t really that great.
12. You should be with someone that motivates you to be a better person, don’t let anyone make you feel bad about yourself.
13. The internet is not that serious.
14. You can’t choose who you love. Before I didn’t think it was possible to “not love someone anymore.” But people change and things fade.
15. Pears and peanut butter will never get old.
16. Your grades in school do NOT reflect your intelligence or you as a person.
17. Even if genuinely busy, people make time for who and what they want. If you realize someone is not putting the same amount of effort and think they don’t care, chances are they probably don’t.
18. SAVE YOUR MONEY WHILE YOU CAN.
19. Don’t change who you are because you feel you’re not good enough for someone.
20. Boys are genuinely stupid.
21. DRINK LOTS OF WATER WHEN YOU GO OUT AND DRINK IT DOES NOT SOBER YOU UP IT SIMPLY KEEPS YOU HYDRATED, ALSO SINCE WE’RE ON THIS TOPIC HOLD YOUR PEE FOR AS LONG AS YOU CAN BEFORE YOU BREAK THE SEAL BC YOU’LL BE PEEING EVERY 15 MINUTES AFTER THAT.
In short, live how you want. And if you’re not, work hard and figure out what you can do differently. I’ve realized who you keep in your life and who you surround yourself really does matter. Live positively nuggets and find what makes you happy (✿◠‿◠) Nothing is a waste of time, just a lesson learned and another experience to add to the books.