I hope everyone has started of their (school) year well! We’re right around midterms about now and I know it sucks but we must persevere! I haven’t been as productively academically and I’m not where I’d like to be career wise, at this point in my life I thought I’d be doing something a lot different. I realize I haven’t been setting realistic goals and being honest with myself about where I’m going and what I want to do in order to stay motivated. I’ve been setting myself up to graduate in a major that I have no idea what I wan’t to do with when I should really be analyzing what my passion is and setting myself up for that instead. Which seems like an obvious think to do I know, but somehow my passions never struck me as something career-worthy in todays world. I know there are a lot of you out there still trying to find yourself and your passions as well! Which is why I wanna give a s/o to all ma ladies riding the struggle bus (｡･ヮ･｡) It’s difficult and it definitely takes a toll on your self-esteem, ego and overall confidence in yourself and your abilities when you don’t do well in school and don’t know what you want to do. You’re not alone! So, with that being said LET US SET GOALS WOOOO and how we can maintain and achieve.
1. Asses where you’re at without being too harsh on yourself whilst drowning in self pity. (it’s ok if you dug yourself in a hole, but let us figure out now how we can get out :>)
2. Really look deep down and find you dream job, and what it takes to get there while considering all the skills necessary to do it well. (bb steps)
3. Set up your success:
- Create your perfect study environment. This is something I’ve spent a lot of time trying to do, and out of all places my room is where I feel the most comfortable and motivated because of the environment I’ve created for myself.
- Organization! I’ve really tried hard to use my planners etc for the past 3 years but it wasn’t until recently (this semester) that I started using a calendar app on my Macbook to keep track of everything at school and it’s honestly soooooo much easier. The app is called Sunrise Calendar and although I don’t really like the mobile version, the desktop version is A+ in my books.
- Work your ass off. Put in the time and effort you need. Easier said than done right, but is it really?
Again, these concepts aren’t exactly new to me, but it’s the first time in a while that I’ve taken a lot of things to heart this year and am finally applying the things I should have years ago. I hope anyone else out there that needs that extra push will get the tiniest little spark they need to restart that fire inside them that we all lose every now and then.
Til next time! xx